Goldfields Aboriginal Business Chamber (GABC)
The Goldfields Aboriginal Business Chamber (GABC) is an Aboriginal-led Incorporated Association comprised of Aboriginal business owners that are based in and represent the Goldfields region.
The GABC is a community initiative that highlights the strength of local Aboriginal entities and business owners and supports economic participation of local Aboriginal businesses. The Chamber emerged from industry feedback on the lack of visibility of Aboriginal businesses, the barriers experienced by Aboriginal businesses in engaging in commercial opportunities, and the community desire to define their own narrative on Aboriginal business matters.
To create unity for equitable economic participation of Aboriginal Business.
To drive Aboriginal economic growth by:
Improving the visibility and networks of Aboriginal businesses to strengthen relationships, create opportunities, and grow the local Aboriginal economy in the Goldfields.
Creating more commercial opportunities for Aboriginal businesses within the major industries of the region including mining, state government and local government procurement.
Championing Aboriginal business participation in the Goldfields by raising awareness of local Aboriginal businesses’ strengths and capabilities.
The objectives of GABC are to:
- Increase the number of Aboriginal Businesses winning contracts from government, mining and other industries in the Goldfields region.
- Assist industries in the region connect with local Aboriginal businesses.
- Assist the region to meet its IPP and APP targets for Aboriginal Businesses in government procurement.
- Assist the regions industry to meet Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) targets for Aboriginal business engagement.
- Facilitate the transfer of capabilities to Aboriginal Businesses to manage contracts from government, mining and other industries in the Goldfields region.
- Identify and remove obstacles to the successful adoption of Aboriginal business initiatives.
- Increase sustainable employment for Aboriginal people through GABC’s members.
- Increase the awareness and use of Chamber by industry including corporate partner membership.
GABC Corporate Information
Operations and Management
The GABC is governed by a Management Committee consisting of representatives of the local Aboriginal business community within the Goldfields-Esperance region.
This Management Committee is accountable for the priorities the Chamber and delegates operational responsibility to the Chief Executive Officer to implement.