Goldfields Aboriginal Business Chamber Inc (GABC) was established in 2020 to:
- Connect industry directly to Traditional Owner businesses, local and authentic Aboriginal business
- Improve the visibility and networks of Aboriginal businesses;
- Strengthen relationships between Aboriginal business and industry and government
- Champion Aboriginal business participation in the Goldfields by creating commercial opportunities through relationships and engagement.
A full-time position has become available in the GABC to work as a Business Advisor. Business Advisors are required to build robust relationships within the business community through stakeholder engagement, networking and facilitating workshops thereby gaining client referrals to the Business Capabillity Development Program.
Travel throughout the Goldfields-Esperance region is required as an integral part of delivering the program, including providing business advice, stakeholder engagement, events and meetings.
You must possess the ability to work autonomously be self-disciplined and communicate effectively. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will work closely with peers and colleagues within the GABC.
Advisors are expected to become integral components of their local business community, working closely with agencies including but not limited to, industry, councils, government organisations and other representative bodies.
The Business Advisor will plan, manage and deliver all aspects of the Business Capability Development Program. This position will be responsible for the Program objectives which are to:
- Build local industry strength through the development and delivery of Business Capability Development Program which enhances the capability of local businesses
- Provide one-on-one business support and advice on a broad range of business related topics
- Build Aboriginal businesses – higher turnover, increased number of employees
- Identify gaps in Aboriginal business capability and capacity and other barriers preventing their growth in the local economy
- Leverage Business Capability Development Program to positively develop and promote the corporate reputation and brand of our contributing partners, and GABC to internal and external audiences
This position where relevant will promote the GABC’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Formal qualification and/or relevant work experience in business sector
- Ability to develop strong and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong administration skills – organised, thorough, systems-orientated with high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver events
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment, and to work autonomously
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to identify issues and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Cultural awareness and knowledge of Aboriginal business challenges
If you would like to be considered for this role, in the first instance please send your resume and covering letter addressing your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants of round one will be invited to complete Selection Criteria and Interview Processes. Applications close 25 February 2023.
For further information about the GABC, please contact Elaine Jolliffe on 9093 2214 or email email@example.com